• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Network

rdixiemiller

All
Let's look at setting up a map with all our locations (city is general enough) and our means of locomotion. I am trying to see if we can "member to member" transport things across country. Shipping being what it is, we might be able to do each other some favors. I for instance, can pick up things near Atlanta and mocve them up to 100 miles in any direction.

mangus580

Again, I will state.............. I AM working on this. I am trying to come up with the best way for our less computer savvy people to use such a map. ;-)

Wyattearp

Yeah this is normal for most of us.......I do like this idea of a member to member network.. U know if the rest of the country would think like this they would be better off, power in numbers...
Okay mangus get to it :)

mangus580

sheesh... you guys act like this is my main daily job :mrgreen: and like I have nothing better to do... :)

I will get working on something. I dont think it will be a map..... but a searchable database maybe?

G

DR, if we each took a 125 mile radius of Dallas and Houston we could meet in Centerville for lunch! You buyin?

I think the database should contain Zip codes and maybe key to the map that way. A searchable map of Zip codes should be downloadable from USPS...

chevycrew

I think it would be a great idea, especially at the cost of shipping for heavy items, count me in, I would personally be in for 125 miles, that way i can reach twin falls from boise... and the Idaho motor pool too.

Wyattearp

Mangus knows were giving him a hard time, he has done a fabulous job on the site and we greatly appreciate it... I wished i could just farm and work on my deuce, that would make me a happy man, but night shift must be done for know...
I think most all of us have an Atlas or can get one to help find areas we aren't familar with, the searchable database would be great.

SixBuy

Well hopefully, I'll come back as SixBuy instead of 'Guest' this time!
So DR, You buyin'? And maybe the Avatar will work too...

The more I think about it the more I favor Zip codes to avoid putting too much personal info out. You can always PM if you need more info. Getting a workable map seems to be the key.
Just a thought.

Desert Rat

SB,

How about during Christmas Break? I'm game. Just don't tell my wifde about lunch so I can live another day! You driving you Deuce down? Depending upon what I find in need of repair I hope to use 'Storm for the trip. However, I might bring DK's CUCV to check out it's roadworthiness. We'll see which one I bring. Deal?

Wyattearp

I agree with SixBuy on the zip codes but most of us from the old site have either talked by phone or have met at least one or more members in person, i agree on keeping personal info private if possible don't want someone from outside picking up on any of that...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks