• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The New War and Peace 2013

dmetalmiki

Well busy with house and trucks re-location but here are some pictures I woud have posted from last years event. The Mast has been serviced (by the "nimble helper!" (after bieng stuck with lack of use)). There are still two sections it could raise up , but....no guide ropes in this fixing.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I want to go to W&P so bad. Somebody needs to organize an SS field trip and get us some deeply discounted ticket so we can all go.

dmetalmiki

I want to go to W&P so bad. Somebody needs to organize an SS field trip and get us some deeply discounted ticket so we can all go.
ok, so I put you as a named driver, and (then) YOU drive one of ours to the show and enter free!.. just find the air fair..how many drivers do we need? well I have 9 trucks! just a thought

dmetalmiki

well we met some interesting people last year..they came over from germany, and now visit me regularly here in the U.K.. It would be so good to see a group of Steel soldiers members at the war and peace show..

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe if we leave now we can take the DUKW??
The Dutch used stranger things to cross the seas. But if you come, W&P might be a cheaper way for me to meet some SteelSoldier people than going to the USA for it. :beer: :beer:

On that note, maybe, maybe, maybe we will go to a blacksmith meeting in Delaware August 13-16, 2014. Any trips or MV meetings around those dates in that area?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Last edited:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the video. You would like to do that only with flat seas and very good weather forecasts that is, minimum winds for a day beforehand already etc. I have been sailing there and that North See can be one nasty piece of business even in nice weather and it can change very quickly. The next vidio of the DUKW on the bottom of that Italian lake is also great, with a nice historic introduction on DUKWs.

I need a DUKW here, we have the largest number of artificial fish ponds - shallow lakes here in South Bohemia, all with very good ramps into them. And with serious flooding happening now more regular, it could be a useful emergency tool (and a great play tool).