• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Untouchable

m816

Ownership of the Untouchable has again changed hands. Congradulations to Bud Whitehead of Knoxville Tenn. He is the new and very proud owner. I'm sure he will have a lot of fun with it and it will be better utilized in an area with lots of Vets. He has a larger support team available to him and I know he can't wait to show it off. Good Luck Budman.
Bud bailed me out of a realy bad situation when I first bought it and the truck was TDY at his Mansion in Tenn. for a long time. I think he missed looking out over the veranda and not seeing it parked in his yard.

Last edited by a moderator:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I've been following this on Budman's GT Site...he's proud as a peacock as he should be!
That's one nice Guntruck!

By the way, that makes 3 Guntrucks down this way now, Untouchable, Proud American and Black Widow.
We're gaining on you Northern Fellers!

Attachments

Last edited:

m816

Well Papabear, It looks like ya'll are ahead on the count for now. I did buy a nice M54a2c last year and if my health comes back and the rest of the stars get in line with each other, I might have to do "Brutus" but for now I'm just gonna take it easy and take stock of things. Kind of like "Stop and smell the roses", sort of thing. It was getting to be too much for one man to set up, watch everything and then put it all away till the next show, so I thought it best to do something now and worry about the future later.

vtdeucedriver

Ownership of the Untouchable has again changed hands. Congradulations to Bud Whitehead of Knoxville Tenn. He is the new and very proud owner. I'm sure he will have a lot of fun with it and it will be better utilized in an area with lots of Vets. He has a larger support team available to him and I know he can't wait to show it off. Good Luck Budman.
Bud bailed me out of a realy bad situation when I first bought it and the truck was TDY at his Mansion in Tenn. for a long time. I think he missed looking out over the veranda and not seeing it parked in his yard.
I was living in TN at the time and oh boy did he love having that truck in the yard. When I talked with margo about it I told her that it will be good for him for the better!! Its in good hands. For those who dont know Bud, he is a VN vet and was the twin .50 gunner on "EVE OF DESTRUCTION"

vtdeucedriver

Well Papabear, It looks like ya'll are ahead on the count for now. I did buy a nice M54a2c last year and if my health comes back and the rest of the stars get in line with each other, I might have to do "Brutus" but for now I'm just gonna take it easy and take stock of things. Kind of like "Stop and smell the roses", sort of thing. It was getting to be too much for one man to set up, watch everything and then put it all away till the next show, so I thought it best to do something now and worry about the future later.
Yep Vinny, you did buy a nice one but dont smell the roses too long, you need to keep moving :)....................................BTW, I was drilling holes today in some steel for a roman chariot.

m816

Might just start restoring the new truck as a cargo first. Cash is tight right now and I got other issues to tend to. I just can't stay away from the green machines. I have a Mutt but I was always a trucker at heart. Even though the five ton trucks are heavy to work on, they are more fun to drive. A lot of the things I want to do to the new one are at chest high so a lot of the bending and stooping will be eliminated. When I drop stuff on the ground these days, getting down to pick it up is a pain. Getting back up requires hoists and a lot of swearing. Doc's won't let me drink any more so more beer isn't an option. Can't wait for spring, winter has set in and it is getting long allready.

historyfanatics

If you get the urge to get rid of the Mutt, I know some fellows over your way that are looking for one to mount a searchlight in. They are Vietnam vets, and are members of the National Dusters, Quads, Searchlights Association.

You might remember them as the guys on the Dusters and Quad 50 trucks.

Just a thought.

Or, send it down my way, and I'll build an armored version.:tank:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks