• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

theft deterrent

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

FreightTrain

Banned
Pretty much,I don't bother Being in a small alabama town other than using the Military Chain and pad lock.The way I look at it,they will look at all the knobs and switchs and buttons and say to hell with it.A Deuce is not a easy truck to figure out if you never have been in one.turn and push in the kill handle,Flip the switch,then push the botton on the other side down low.Then to get it going you gotta shift the transfer and figure out the shift pattern(if the dash thing is not there!).

FreightTrain

Banned
Also,Other than a Joy Ride and axles what would anyone want to steal one for.Not like it will blend in with the other cars on the road.Kinda an easy vehicle for the police to find!

Towman2277

I'm down in Mobile, Alabama and a day doesn't go by without someone climbing up and taking a peek in my cab. I do the lock and chain, but I also found a "hot" wire coming off my ignition switch, spliced in some wire and a hidden toggle switch. Now even if u can figure out the toe starter above the gas pedal, you still won't get it to fire off!! If I leave it in one spot over a day, i've got quick disconnects on my battery cable (just one), and I pull it. You will NEVER get that puppy to start then!!

houdel

Here's a pic of an ignition switch I bought from NAPA. It took a little bit of work with the Dremel tool to get it to fit in the accessory switch hole as it was a "D" shape and slightly larger in diameter than the OEM switch. However, is is close enough that I can later remove it and reinstall the original accessory switch and it will still look stock.

Attachments

rdixiemiller

RE: Re: RE: theft deterrent

Towman
Where is this MV yard? ADR and I will be roadtripping to fetch his deuce from La. sometime in the next couple of months. If I rekymember correckly, Saraland is off the Interstate between Montgomery and Mobile.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks