• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Things you see at the Beach

Oldvw2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We were up at Corolla a few weeks ago for vacation and saw a 404 Unimog and a HMMWV up on the 4x4 beach. The biggest we saw on the beach was an International line truck from Virginia Power :cool:

The funniest was a Toyota Camry buried up to its doors with a beach recovery truck ($$$) working to free it.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Naw, I wish it was mine. They belonged to the Duck Fire Dept or something. The last photo is of some type of battery jumping system they added to all the vehicles so they could jump them with a commecial connector.

One of the department guys told me they can't keep them running because they don't have the expertise to work on them. I just laughed and said I knew a group of guys that could keep them going real easy. He said the batteries were almost impossible to keep going and they replaced them with commercial batteries.

No PM on the trucks at all. He said a SEEBEE came down once in awhile to work on them as a favor but it wasn't but about once a quarter or so. The deuce was trashed. The others weren't too back.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
We were up at Corolla a few weeks ago for vacation and saw a 404 Unimog and a HMMWV up on the 4x4 beach. The biggest we saw on the beach was an International line truck from Virginia Power :cool:

The funniest was a Toyota Camry buried up to its doors with a beach recovery truck ($$$) working to free it.

Hey, I think we were there at the same time.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
CHW keeps him in line and only allows him to look at green things, not the competition...
Matt would have a field day keeping those running. They look like nice trucks. It is too bad they cannot read in Duck. The stencils above the batteries (Check Batteries Daily) give them all the info they need to keep the batteries charged..(That is unless they like leaving the power switch on)

ida34

With the thread name I had expected to see a fat guy in a banana hammock. I would not have wanted to see it but just like a bad wreck, I could not look away. :shock:

CGarbee

The fire department has had those two trucks for a couple of years, it has been amazing to see just how fast and how far they have declined since they picked them up... :(

We talked once about having a rally at my parent's place down there a few years ago, but in looking at the driveway at the house (in Southern Shores), I couldn't figure out how to get more then eight dueces on the concrete....

FWIW: About five years ago, I pulled the same guy out three times in one day... He kept missing the turn off the road into the driveway of the house he was renting (was driving a minivan) and was sinking his right rear tire up to the axle. The M37 came in real handy that day, but I haven't had it back at the beach since I can only cary a few kids in the back wheras the five ton can take the whole house to the lighthouse or to get ice cream...

We should co-ordinate trips sometime and have a "dispersed" rally... :)

DeuceNewb

since you're talking about seeing stuff at the beach, here was my setup for 4th of july weekend on carolina beach

the m35 and cucv next to each other are mine, the m109 is my friends. Great view of the fireworks from on top of the 109

Attachments

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
UHHHHHH, without saying what can't be said....

Do these trucks look familiar as those on one of our favorite sites.

What is scrap price for a deuce?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks