• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

think it can be fixed???

JAsher45

it can all be fixed just how much you want to spend... i would pull the pan off the tranny then drop the tranny out and inspect it check the bell housing ... that force had to go somewhere ... they drive shafts would have to be replaced... junk yard or new ....race car shops can build them at a decent price

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow! That's some serious damage. Almost as though someone really meant to do all of that.
Around here a rear shaft from a salvage yard runs between $75-$125.

CCATLETT1984

Don't even bother trying to fix those shafts you have. Either get shafts from a salvage yard or get new shafts cut.

The transfer case mount is where the force would be transferred to the frame, check the bushing but it should be fine.

As for the front springs, they where a flat spring (no arc) when new, but most have sagged to a negative arc.

84cucv1ton

it will be fine. bunch of these in my family now. parts are every ware. i could put it back together. was thinking about it, now just might stripe it. missing lots of parts. funny tho cab and bed are dented but no rust anywhere.

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This looks familiar! I bought an M880 and they had bent the rear shaft the same way. After that, I was at a GL yard picking up an engine in a container. There was a truck in the way of the container, so the forklift guy just entered from the side and picked it up and moved it. I proceeded to in no uncertain terms tell him that is how they destroy the shafts, etc. in customer's trucks, and if they respect their customers. to quit doing that.
Regards Marti

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks