• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

thinking about a deuce!

ncpamlicoboy

Hello, I am new to the sight and I just wanted to say it’s great. I have owned a M1008 that was on 37, and am now looking to get into the deuce and a half thing. I was wondering if there is anything I should know before I get into this I have found 3 that I am looking at on GL. Plans so far are going to be bobbing it with a M105 bed and single wheels. Any insight would be appreciated. I consider myself mechanically inclined and would be doing all the work myself but any advice would be great.

zout

Welcome to the site from Ga.

Check out the threads that popped up at the bottom of this page - these are threads posted from your question - might not be all of them but there are a lot of bobber threads and answers here - check out SEARCH as well.

dc3coyote

Hi and welcome to the site. Please change your color. Black on OD does not work.
Now that I got that out. When you get your duece and start the bobbing process. I highly recommend getting a magnetic drill press for removing the frame rivits, a sparkle wrench works too. I just favor having the mag drill.

ncpamlicoboy

Hey thanks guys starting to find my way arround here and already found a lot of stuff on the deuce and a halfs. dc3coyote i like the sparkle wrench lol. yea i think there will be a lot of the grinder, plasma, wiz wheel, and air hammer. thanks again for such a cool sight i wish i had found this when i had the m1008.

markmontana

Hi and welcome to the forum. Be sure to read about the new 'Steel Soldiers Finance Program'. This might come in handy if you bid and win a truck but happen to be out of money at the time! Don't know why- but these trucks are very addictive and cause me to loose control at times...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks