• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

This is Why I Own a CUCV...

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are the kind of neighbor some of us wish we had. Your truck hasn't caused some to think the National Guard responded has it? [thumbzup]

soule64

Thanks for the comments guys. I have attached a few more plus a quick video of the truck pulling over the garage.

We all work for a DoD Contractor that employs many retired military guys, so we are very closely knit. It was also good to see so many youth volunteering their time to help.

Two comments were made about the CUCV that really stick out in my mind:

From the veterans - "Man, that old girl still got it, doesn't she?"

From the kids - "Dude, we got the coolest clean-up crew on the block with that old Army truck..."

My answer to both? - Yup.

Attachments

srodocker

your just short of a deuce and 5ton! You putting a positive image of old MVs and how they still can work hard. sorry for your hard times wish i can get down there.

bigjmcconnell

Nice work! Cool truck and thanks for helping. I couldn't get the vid to run though:cookoo:
Edit nevermind. Got it to work. I should stick to working on trucks not computers
Thanks for posting!

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Thanks for helping your neighbors. I was over in Tuscaloosa. There sure is a lot of suffering in MS/AL/GA from the tornados. I only wish I could have done more. Everyone was walking around in a daze. I worked from sun up to sun down doing what I could but still don't feel I accomplished much. I received yesterday a wonderful email from one of the folks we helped that I really wasn't expecting, thanking me and the other three that went with me. One of my crew put it in perscpective to me using an old Woody Allen (I hate woody allen) quote: Just showing up is 80% of the success. Just like everything else that has been less than a stellar experience in my life, this experience will eventually fade but it will always be there and I'll always remember to people affected by this terrible disaster.

Sorry no pictures from me. I personally was too busy and the one guy we had that took pictures has them on his camera. I haven't seen him since we got back.

God bless America and God shed his mercy, light, and grace on these people affected.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It comes in handy after a tornado. And it'll pull down a garage.

I was lucky - no damage at my place, but a buddy of mine wasn't.

EF-4 North Huntsville (Kelly Springs).

Did the storms tear up Ditto Landing?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks