• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

This thing is huge!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just got back from picking up two auctions at Ft Polk and there was a used HEMMT tie rod in the lot. I got it home and opened the crate and found that it was brand new. This thing is massive and covered in cosmoline. Anyone need one it would be cheap! :)

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Ya got to love the gooberment. :roll:
What is ironic about this situation is that the military is paying a buttload of money for new parts and at the same time said parts are going out the back door at discount prices.
I used to do a lot of dumpster diving when I was in the Active Army.
Our motor pool shared a dumster with the transportation unit adjcent to us.
Any time there was a big inspection I checked said dumpster several times a day.
My loot included new brakedrums for Dodge pickups and Chevys (CCUV), oil and fuel filters for 400 Cummins engines and all kinds of other goodies that couldn't be carried as "excess".
The first time I found stuff like this I tried to return it to the unit and got reamed for sticking my nose in their business.:shock:
I still have three various size sledge hammers I found that were thrown away because we could order new hammers but not handles. GO FIGURE!!
The lunatics are indeed running the asylum. :cookoo:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If anyone HAS a HEMMT and needs/wants just the tie rod ends; I will give them away for the cost of shipping. If not I will preserve them and keep them with the rest of my acquisitions for a possible future project! :roll:

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have been fighting the war on excess for my entire commisioned service and am currently trying to get it visible at 3 star level since it is hurting our Army and costs our Country too much. You would not belive what I saw in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Kuwait. Look in my gallery at the line of duece trucks that were later cut up for scrap.

Jones

A friend of mine's kid works for an investment casting outfit that makes M16 receivers. The contract to demil. excesses is also held by the same company. He says they make, preserve and package receivers in one end of the complex then haul them to the other end of the plant where they are crushed and remelted. Am I the only one who sees the folly (and potential for abuse) of this kind of operation?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks