• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

This will make you puke!

Knucklehead

I found this on Ebay and the seller gave me a great deal. He used it to plow snow. I picked it up in NJ and drove 250 mi. to central MA. It ran a steady 55 mph until I pumped some fuel from the aux. tank.Then it lost power and ran really rough, I could only get 25-30 mph out of it on the interstate. I had to clean the primary filter every 25 miles or so, but I made it home and that is what counts. The seller put a small ballast body on the back that dumps. The power unit is in the pickup box on the spare tire carrier. The truck was rebuilt at Tobyhanna and they put a diret drive in 5th tranny in it.
My to do list includes replacing the spare tie carrier and moving the dump pump, getting rid of the stack and running the exhaust under the cab and out the back. I also have an LDS-465-1A and OD tranny that I purchased from Memphis Equipment a while ago that I am going to put in. The engine and tranny are zero mile rebuilds. I plan on the engine swap in 2 weeks.
I know the color will make a lot of you sick, I am going to paint it this winter. I am going to keep the frame red and paint the cab cobalt blue. I have never been in the military and I do not feel it is right for me to act like I have been in. It also won't go to military truck shows. I feel there is life after OD, the truck was modified for civilian work and it wil stay that way.

<BR>
<BR>

<BR>
<BR>

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
An OD tranny behind a 1A engine is not good. The ratio hole between 3 and 4 is rough and the 1A originally came with a direct transmission. Top speed should be 52 MPH unless you run it at the limiter. If you are going to relocate the exhaust take the time to add an approprate muffler.

Knucklehead

I have a cdl so I am covered. The tires are Firestone and are new, the guy I bought it from also has a 2.5 ton with a sander. I had an A2 5ton with the OD tranny and I liked the performance a lot better. But since I posted my buddy found a 9spd Road Ranger (OD) that I am going to take a look at. I will grab it if the price is right. The truck was done up very well and I don't want to change too much. I am changing the color to cobalt blue to match my wifes 1968 Camaro that I am restoring. You can see it on the lift above the truck bed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks