• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thread on fuel filter for M1009

airmech3839

Whats the best fuel filter (screw on ) kit to get for the CUCV? What size fittings will I need? And will it require extra hose? If anyone can help narrow this down for me I would appreciate it!

kennyw

1982-83 Chevy trucks with a 6.2L came stock with them. You can buy a wix filter to fit that base as well. In aftermarket supplies, the options are endless. Your mainly limited by what you want to spend.

airmech3839

Well that is helpful. In the 82-83 models were there special lines or hose clamps for hooking up. I am looking to replace the box filter on an 85 or 86 model.

acmunro

82/83 trucks have two spin on filters. The first filter is on the firewall - same location as the box filter on the newer trucks. The fuel is filtered before the fuel pump on the 82/83. Then there is a smaller spin on located on the rear of the intake manifold -after the Fuel pump (lift pump) before the injector pump. So some replumbing would be necessary for the stock configuration. Don't know if two filters are necessary.

kennyw

Everything connects to a hose at some point, the hard lines are already on your engine. If you decide to add the secondary filter as well would be the only reason to change the routing a little bit. I can snap some pics of how it all is setup on my '83 this weekend, just don't have time tonight as I have a deadline to meet.

stampy

Walmart!....Boating section....Kit is 30$ If I remember correctly...Filters are there too 7$ spin on and are able to be prefilled easily so no more cranking till the batteries die to fill the filter. I bought two fittings from the harware store and used my old bracket to mount the new filter. took 15 min and I run WVO. I have not changed a filter since...3 months now and she still runs strong...The others were giving me hell.:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks