• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Throwback Thursday SS style

m715mike

I purchased my first MV on April 14, 1997. The Tie Plant Fire Department in Mississippi sold "my" Kaiser M715 to a resident of Hinds County, Mississippi who, in turn, passed it on to me. I purchased the truck sight-unseen and had it hauled to my home in Arizona. I still clearly remember that day when the car hauler showed-up and I saw my "new" truck for the first time!

Here's a picture:

image.jpg

It came with an ugly homemade hard top courtesy of the fire department. My first order of business was replacing it with a canvas top from Surplus City Jeep Parts. Next was a new wheel cylinder. And of course, fixing all of the wires that were cut by the fire department....

So who else has a "throwback" story to share about a previously owned MV? Pictures are always a plus!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks