• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ticking noise in cab from engine.

Nickaru

I just took delivery on my M1008. The engine sounds good from the front of the vehicle, but I notice that when in the cab, a ticking noise is heard and it speeds up with the engine RPM's.

I'm mechanically inclined and knowledgable about diesel engines. I'm learning about these 6.2 diesels and thought it might be the fuel pump rod.

It sounds like a noisy lifter from insid ethe truck, but if that wqs the case, I should here it from the ouside and I really don't.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Barrman

Check the torque converter to flywheel bolts too. Mine made the noise at odd intervals until I pulled the cover and found one of the 6 about 1 turn loose.

bratpackdad

As you can see from the variety of responses, it could be a lot of things. Here's my two cents, buy a stethoscope from NAPA or wherever you shop. Start it and crawl around.
It won't take you long to track it down.