• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tie rod angle moog canted vs straight

V8Merc124

Hi, I was installing some moog tie rod ends on an a1/a0 truck with a2 hubs and using the problem solver tie rods.
The canted angle is good on the hubs but the angle at the drag link seems rather tight? Picture attached.

Is this ok as I am installing the tie rod as it came out of the box. I didnt piece together the ends with an old tube. So this is a factory part.

Or is there a different drag center link to use the moog problem solver tie rods?
It seems a straighter rod end is better on the inside.

i know the a2 hubs have a straighter steering arm at the hub but that shouldnt change the angle at the drag link.

I thought i saw a thread about the canted angle rod ends but couldnt find it.

Attachments

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The A2 does have a different drag link, are you going to be able to install the cotter pins with that drag link?

V8Merc124

The A2 does have a different drag link, are you going to be able to install the cotter pins with that drag link?
The cotter pins look like they will insert just fine, the nut tightens down far enough no problem.

I thought the angled balljoint just went on the knuckle side..... Thats looks very odd
The tie rods I got have the canted angle on both ends, Moog brand. I felt like I read somewhere that possibly a straight one should be on one side. I cant recall if that was for an application where someone is using an A1 centerlink still. Or if I made all that up.

Is the center link oriented correctly?
The center link was not removed/installed by myself. But I will double check against another truck.

I will say, I checked against an A2 truck (1123) and the centerlink end seemed to be angled rearward a bit more. But I am not sure if its enough to align it better.