• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Timing Gears on 6.2

grantcourtney

I have a 14022660 manufactured on April 20 1984 that had a hydraulic fan clutch and headers so I'm pretty sure it came out of a Hummer. After reading the TM on the 6.2 I did not see anything about these having timing gears only timing chains. Could this motor have been rebuilt/upgraded by the military while in service last?
TimingGears.jpg
When i remove the injection pump to put another on this motor can i just keep the gears in place and insert the replacement pump or do i have issues with timing? The water pump had not been removed so the pump should be in the correct timing position.
Also why is there a timing indicator on the motor beside the crank?

Keith_J

The cam should still be chain driven. The IP is driven by a 1:1 gear set off the cam. Should be a chain drive behind the IP gear.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks