• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Timming marks on IP pump

REDWOLF

Any one know where the timming marks are on a ip pump for a m1009. Will be changing my old pump out for a new one tommarow and am trying to have all my ducks in a row before i start. Some one on here told me to match the new pump up to where the old pump comes out by using the timming marks. I do not see anything on the new pump. Are they on the gear?

eddiec

Only timing mark is on the flange outside, above the top bolt that holds it on the engine. Looks like a deep scratch. It will only bolt to the gear in one way. The holes and the dowell pin make sure of that

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Read the TM!

You do have them all saved and are familiar with them, right?

Without reading the "instructions", I bet your next question will be midday tomorrow, and you will be asking how to get it off the engine!

Think of the TMs as a recipe/cook book. Yeah, we all know the ingredients needed to bake an apple pie but, the book tells you the details and gives you step by step directions to follow.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
tm 9-2320-289-34​
3-37. Fuel injector pump and timing cover replacement.

REDWOLF

Thanks for the help. But it is raining today has not rained in weeks and it startes today so maybe next week i can start on the pump replacement. Oh well we need the rain. :-?