• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tip for towing with a m105.......

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today I learned another of those cool lessons of life.

When towing a m105 with a fence/gate stowed on the side pockets, use a ratchet strap to hold in place.

I was towing it with my m923 on these fine concrete/asphalt 3rd world officially sub standard roads here in the banana republic when a nice pot hole propelled my trailer to bounce and have one side of the fence pop out of the pocket and drag on the ground. Now since I live in a banana republic where these things called shoulders were optional, I had to drag it about 1/4 mile before I could pull over with a shoulder.

Bent and chewed one stave nicely. Might be able to salvage. Project for another better day :)

Flyingvan911

Glad no one got hurt. I agree. I wouldn't let the rear rack ride on the side without tying it down. The little holders are to small to hold the rack over rough roads.

FloridaAKM

The last two M105a2's I recovered with rear racks stowed on the sides, I tied down with ratchet straps before starting home. My luck runs that one would fall off & go thru the windshield of a troopers car if not tied down! Sometimes overthinking is mandatory!