• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tipper rode hard and put away wet.

AaronW

While driving a remote stretch on the Washington coast near Pacific Beach, I spotted some OD iron off the road. Of course I flipped around to take a look and some pics to share with SS. Pics are from my phone so sorry in advance for the quality. It's always fun to find these. I'm sure this tired ole gal has plenty of storys to tell and maybe years of work in the timber ahead. She could probably teach the "Axe Men" a few things!

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And such is the life after service for most of the dump trucks that get surplussed out. They are worked very hard, for very long, until in some cases, they are literally falling apart from the stress and corrosion. It's a sad thing to see, but on the other hand, you know all the hard work it provided in its life, helped make a man a living and fed his family for years. A worthy cause, in my opinion.

Perhaps when it finally gets sold as scrap, someone here can salvage a few of the mechanical parts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks