• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tips for a newbie?

racer-xerols

Hi all, I've been lurking on the site for a while as my father-in-law and I were hoping to pick up a deuce...and now it's happened. We just won a bid on one at the Chambersburg PA location. I plan on doing a lot of searching on the forums for information and tips - especially since I'm getting knee surgery tomorrow and will have a few days to recover - but wanted to post the information I do have in case anyone can shed some light for me.

The ad states it is a Kaiser M35A2, vin number is listed as 04A-21070-0325-26235. Procurement links to the auction show a date of August 1985...but according to a decoder posted here, the 04A means it is a late sixties vintage? Further confused by the bumper marking that shows (best I can read) 77ADC / 854E, which seems to confirm the '85 vintage?

Engine is listed as LDT-465-1D multifuel - should be turbocharged?

We bought it to a) have fun with!, b) take care of some acreage we own in Maryland, and c) have fun with! I'm a pretty handy fella, have built and rebuilt cars, trucks, and motorcycles, but this is my first "big truck". I plan to take my laptop with me for pickup, with the "pickup checklist" already bookmarked, but are there any other tips and tricks I should know about? The ad says "vehicle runs", so our fingers are crossed! Fortunately Chambersburg to home is only about 40 miles, so a slow, steady pace should get us there without too much drama.

I'm looking forward to the newest online family...in addition to my Cummins diesel forums, my Shelby Dodge forums, the LX forums for my wife's Magnum R/T, and the Buell forums for my motorcycle addiction.

Wow. If I focused on just one hobby...I might actually get some projects done for a change!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Alright fellow Fred-necker; The bumper number has nothing to do with the year of the truck.
The bumper number actually reads 77RRC 854E

Organization: 854TH ENGINEER BATTALION HEADQUARTERS AND HEADQUARTERS COMPANY
Nomenclature:TRUCK CARGO 2-1/2T Model:M35A2 W/W NSN:2320000771617
Serial Number:32526235 Registration Number:4A21070 Year of Mfg:1970 Usage Miles: 35300

Let me know if you need help. I'll see what I can do

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks