• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire Leakage

ralphluby

I have removed most of the CTIS system on my (93) M923. Is it possible to get tire leakage once the system has been removed. I have not yet removed the fitting into the rim and want to do so. Has anyone found the proper pipe plug size?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Usually the wheel seal goes bad from moisture getting in over time and causing rust and corrosion inside. Air up the tire and spray windex or soapy water all around the rim and look for bubbles. A standard schrader valve will screw into the valve stem once you take off the ctis hose.

ralphluby

Thanks for your comments. Unable to upload a picture at the moment. The fitting goes into the hub, not the wheel and was part of the CTIS. I have replaced the "O" ring the rim but still have a very slow leak in the tire and have bubble tested it without any problem.

Last edited:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Tire air cannot leak out the hub connection. Spray all around front and back including around the tire stem. A new o ring does no good if there was corrosion inside. You have to sand and rust prime then help it with a little rtv when putting the new o ring in and the wheel back together. Dont air up for 24hrs.

Special T

As much work as it may be... take the tire and wheel off and set it flat on the ground mix hot water and liquid soap with a reasonable ammount to help detect the leak. Pour/spray the mix anywhere where the tire wheel come together or places that must seal. If nothing is easily seen let is sit and come back. Foamy bubbles will help point out the leak. Since we cannot see the wheel type you may need to flip the tire/wheel over and apply to the opposite side if do not detect a leak. When you tightened the combat wheel did you use the same method you use when tighting lug nuts? 12,6,3,9, oclock? When doing hummer wheels I often just tighten all snug then toque down from there to keep the o ring from squiring out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks