• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tire press for split ring install?

SR71BLACKBIRD

I am going to build a press of some sort tomorrow to mount my 12.5 20 xl/s. Can anyone tell me what they used or have a picture of a press. I spent a long time today with backhoe with no luck. I have i beam and may build it like a verticle log splitter on steroids. pleas help. Local tire stores too worried about liability so gotta do it myself.
Or if anybody can tell me where to buy the 20 inch tubless rim blank and i have the equipment to build my own centers.

Attachments

sermis

Make a ring that will fit in the center of the side wall of the tire. Make an X across with the ring and use all thread going through 4 of the lug bolt holes in the wheel. Tighten the all thread down until it pulls the tire bead in, place split ring on. Done.
Sure the stock rim is wide enough for the 12.5's. I and looking for a set of 12.5 tires myself and was not sure on how wide rims I am going to run. From what I found they need an 11" rim.

jasonjc

All you need to do is get the rim up off the ground 2-3" so the trie can flex down far enought then the ring will go on fine. Done a bunch of them that way.

tm america

i used my engine hoist ,two three inch wide ratchet straps and a chain to mount my 15.5s on stock rims i strapped the tire to the hoist with the straps and uded the hoist to pick up the rim slowly making sure everything is seated properly still had to use the tire bars to force the tire down far enough to clear the ring took me about an hour a tire but once you do the first couple youll have the feel for itmake sure you lube the beads so they seat properly,put your coupler on along hose hook it to the tire then plug the hose in .this will get you out of the danger zone when the bead is fully seated you can stand the tire up with the hoist and finish filling it up

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks