• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire Rack?

shortydooo222

I've looked through some of the other threads and i haven't found a distinct answer. But is there a possibility of using either a bronco or S10 blazer spare tire rear swing arm on an m1009 for the spare. And if anyone has done this a couple pictures would be great. Also is there already is a thread on this that i haven't found already explaining this. If you could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I may be wrong but I think the drama with using any of them is the lack of reinforcement in the corners. How would you attach it, sheet metal screws? Can you get in behind there to put a nut on?

I would love to have one and free up the space in the bed, I just don't want it to depart the truck out on the interstate.

FLINT

I may be wrong but I think the drama with using any of them is the lack of reinforcement in the corners. How would you attach it, sheet metal screws? Can you get in behind there to put a nut on?
I think the way to do this is to anchor the tire rack to the bumper. Would probably require some fabrication, but some kind of post mounted to the rear bumper which the tire rack hinges to.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks