• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire size for M101A2 - Specialty

Texas Manny

Hi Y'all,

Thanks for responding. I did a search on tire sizing but nothing works for my question.

I have a M101A2 with the Chevy M1009 8 lug bolt pattern axle. Presently, the tires on the trailer are 265/17/16's. I want to put either 265/80/16 or 33x10.50x16 TSL Super Swampers on 16x8 rims on the trailer. I'm doing this as the trailer will match my truck.

My question is whether or not those tires will fit. On a conversion, the 265/17's are the equivalent of a 30 inch tire, with a width of 10.4 inches. I may have 1 or 2" lift springs custom made for the trailer to assist in helping match up the tongue to my truck.

I am more concerned about the rim size since I know that 16's will fit, I didn't know if 15's would. Also didn't know if 7's were too small, or if 8's would be just right.

Sorry, I know I'm a newb with this. At least I'm using the search option before I post up.

Thanks!

Manny