• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tires and Flaps?

discipler

I just purchased a set of 1400x20 Good Year tires that I'm going to be installing on my stock M35a2 wheels. The M35a2 wheels currently have the 900x20's. This truck is going to be used at my farm so high speeds aren't a concern. What size tube and flap do I need to use to make these work? Thanks for your help- discipler

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Flaps can be re-used, get 1400 tubes. Good luck if you ever need to break the tire down off the stock rim.

DeucesWild11

I just got 395's on my stock rims, they used 11x20 tubes for them and it worked.. Your tires have a larger diameter 49.5" vs. my 46.8" so to be safe I would use the 14's..

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not to mention 14.00's won't fit on a 6x6 without modifications. 395's are the biggest tire you can run on a stock deuce.

Emmett

Yep, 1100X20's are a tight fit as it is....1400's?????? Me thinks the rear tires will mate!
I guess if you don't try you will never know.
I would be interested to know if it will work.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
deuce rear axle spacing = 48"
+
1400R20's = 49"

= spead the tandums or get smaller tires

flaps to fit the wheels and tubes to fit the tires

so if it's a 1400 tire use a 1400 tube, not an 1100 tube, not a 900 tube..........

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks