• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tires In Texarkana

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am high bidder on three lots of 11X20 ndts down in Texarkana, anyone else driving down that way through Arkansas? Could split some gas money? Out of the 18 tires looks like 12-13 are near new, plenty to reshoe the 5 ton and for $20 and change a piece hard to pass up. They had several lots of 14X20s no one bid on, good looking tires to. They had 15 or so engine containers, none sold, I think because they looked like they were for 6.2 diesel? If they had been larger I would have gotten a couple, my trailer won't be a third full.
James G.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be ready to spend some time getting your stuff, Texarcana is a pain in the a$$ to go on and off.

texas-5-ton

I'd like to split a few with you James, but I think if I told the department that I wanted to get a couple of tires right now, they'd probably shoot me. Do they sell rims with the tires at Texarkana ??

Chad

jwaller

hndrsonj said:
Be ready to spend some time getting your stuff, Texarcana is a pain in the a$$ to go on and off.

ditto. I went there about 3 months ago and it took ~3hrs to get to the location for tires then they didnt have a operating forklift so all 24 had to be loaded by hand. I toticed most of the 11x20'swent for about 220-240. that seems a bit high to me as I got 4 lots of them for 50 each.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am active duty and this is the first base I've been on where I had to get a visitor's badge! :roll: Then since you are going to DRMO you must go through the back gate with all the semi's-it takes awhile. The thing that really got me, was when we were all loaded and going out we were never inspected, anyone could have taken anything once they got on the base. It was a really wierd experience.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got the three lots that were not all new tires, I guess about 70% were newish looking, but I only spent on the average $75 for six tires, still way better than any other deal I have seen around here by a long shot! I was expecting the other lots to go for less but they went to over $200 right off the bat. I was tempted to bid on a power washer that was under $250 but it was a 230 volt unit, too much trouble to setup or convert.
James G.

PS: Chad no wheels available just tires.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i bid on some tires but i was outbidded. i went last month and it is a pain, took over 3 hours of passes , searching the truck and taking my drivers lic and camera. i got the cam back but the hassle. i quess its because its a ammo plant maybe

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
rumplecat said:
I was tempted to bid on a power washer that was under $250 but it was a 230 volt unit, too much trouble to setup or convert.
James G.
NW Arkansas is the power washer manufacturing capital of the US - I suspect you are in a better position to find an inexpensive one than any one else on this list.

Regards,
David Doyle

jasonjc

I was at texarkana this spring and was in loaded and out in 1 -1 1/2hr. it didn't seem any differant than any where else.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
David:
You are right on the power washers around here, I passed up a good one three years ago at cost, I didn't need it then, only been in MVs for the last year and one half or so!!!
James G.

David_4x4

I just got back from picking up my lot of 6 tires. All of which are brand new tires. Got to RRAD at 12:45 and was going out the gates and back home around 2:00.

Thought they could have a better system, but overall so far so good and no major compliants or horror stories from me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks