• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tires

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Is it possible to use passenger truck tires with these wheels instead of commercial?
Thanks in advance for your help
The tires must be allowed to use a tube, so no. That is a tube type wheel.

You can find 17.5 and 19.5 tubeless wheels In 6 lug Budd that will let you use the tires a 1 ton use.

tobyS

Also can use the 16.5 tubeless tires/rims from a 1061 or bolster trailer. The rims in budd that Wes refers to are Isuzu. I know Vermont is far from Florida, but there are 3 1061 rims in the classified by DrEvilPorkchop.

Attachments

Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can use modern commerical radial truck tires also with a radial tube instead of the old bias ply. Lots of surplus 11 x 20 out there and some 10 x 20.
I do not sell them directly but know someone selling radials close to New Orleans if you would like a referral.

Also might be able to find military surplus 9 x 20 ndt out there with wheels as they are still in use.

1talian0

Is it possible to use passenger truck tires with these wheels instead of commercial?
Thanks in advance for your help
Does anyone know if Military trailers have a camber built into the axles like regular ones ? looking to lower it with an axle over springs set up . thx

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks