• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Title for M931

D6c

This may have been discussed before, but I ask:
Just got the SF-97 back today for my M931 which came as an Arizona title (since that's where GL is based)

Took the title to the county office and all was well until the computer rejected it because it didn't have a 17-character VIN #...only has 15 characters.
It's titled as an '83 year so I asked when they went to a standardized 17 char. vin....I think she said '81 or '82 and shed didn't know how this could have a non standar VIN # in '83.

I'm thinking the year may be wrong, so I'm wondering how much of a hassel it would be to get a revised title from GL?
--------------------------------

The gal at the county office placed a call to the IA DOT and when they called back they said I need to take a picture of the VIN# plate and the Federal Safety Tag and then would review it to see if a title can be issued.
I can do the Vin tag, but I have no safety tag that I know of and have never seen one.

Is this going to be a mess if I don't have the safety tag? GL sold it as being qualified to receive a title. Hope the DOT doesn't take the position that it's not roadworthy unless it has a tag saying it meets safety standards.