• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Titling in Texas

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am having the exact same issue, I dont need registration just the title. Can anyone recommend a DMV in the Dallas area who know the process and wont have an issue with this?
You did pay for and have already received the SF-97 yes?

ssm3e30

Thanks @Mogman, yes this was a M1097A2 bought from Gov Planet. I am in Texas but the office I went do did not accept the SF97 and associated paperwork for reassignment. They were not happy that theSF97 shows a California address and the reassignment document from Gov Planet was from a Florida address. I even have a letter from Gov Planet saying they operate in multiple states, but they are not accepting that either.

My thoughts are this is an issue with this specific office, so if there is a office members here have used in the Dallas area, I will try that office.

In Summary:
-I have an SF97 with Iron Planets address in California as the transferee
-I have a Florida Title Reassignment Supplement from Iron Planets address in Florida reassigning to me in Texas
-I have a notarized letter from Iron Planet authorizing these 2 documents, called Re-Assignement of SF-97
-I have a letter from Gov Planet saying the operating in multiple states

Last edited:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks @Mogman, yes this was a M1097A2 bought from Gov Planet. I am in Texas but the office I went do did not accept the SF97 and associated paperwork for reassignment. They were not happy that theSF97 shows a California address and the reassignment document from Gov Planet was from a Florida address. I even have a letter from Gov Planet saying they operate in multiple states, but they are not accepting that either.

My thoughts are this is an issue with this specific office, so if there is a office members here have used in the Dallas area, I will try that office.

In Summary:
-I have a Florida Title Reassignment Supplement from Iron Planets address in Florida reassigning to me in Texas
-I have a notarized letter from Iron Planet authorizing these 2 documents, called Re-Assignement of SF-97
I had the same paperwork and had no issues, sorry for your troubles, I guess the only thing you can do is try another office, fortunately Dallas has multiple offices as I think you must get the title work done in the county you reside in, I could be wrong. Bee county only has one office, they do see me ALLOT as I have many vehicles and trailers so just about every month I am in there for business.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the info @Mogman. Hmmmm, not sure what to do. Do you know if the Montana title from Gov Planet would be issued in my name if I pay to have that done?
I am not a big fan of doing that, Texas is one state I have researched enough to say that a resident of Texas cannot legally drive a vehicle registered in another state, you have 30 days to surrender the tittle pay taxes and get a Texas title, they are pretty anal about that as they consider it tax evasion, it could also cause legal issues if you were to have an accident. if you form a corporation that may be a different story.

It of course is never a good idea to get into any type of conflict with those folks but you actually have the right to demand they file the paperwork and let Austin sort it out, and if Austin rejects it you have the right to have an audience with your county tax assessor as he/she has the right to issue title, been there and done that! but that would definitely be plan Z

There are tons of HMMWVs being sold by GP and getting titled in Texas.

If it were me I would try another office and if they balk ask them to contact Austin for assistance.

There SHOULD be someone from the Dallas area that could step in and give advice as to which office they went to, be patient.

ssm3e30

Thanks, really appreciate the knowledge. I shall be be patient and hope a Dallas resident also chimes in!

For the Montana title I was thinking it might be easier to do a title transfer to Texas if the title from Montana is already in my name.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, really appreciate the knowledge. I shall be be patient and hope a Dallas resident also chimes in!

For the Montana title I was thinking it might be easier to do a title transfer to Texas if the title from Montana is already in my name.
That should not be necessary, Texas is a HMMWV friendly state!!
So far anyway, it does concern me soooo many are being disposed of here.

nairb

Steel Soldiers Supporter

In Summary:
I’m in central Texas and had the same issues with the first office I went to in Cedar Park. I then took the same paperwork to an office in a small town and they processed it with no questions. Just try another office.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks