• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tlauden's Deuce

Tlauden

ok, so i figured instead of starting a new thread every time i make a mod i will just update this thread. Hope that is ok with everyone. If i run into a major problem and need help i will start a new thread for the benifit of future searches for that/similar problem. Hope that makes sense??

So i got my deuce to my dads house where it will live for a little until im sure its 100%. So far i have these problems and possible remedies:

High engine temp on gauge: Start with new sending unit & check electrical connections, possible new gauge

Extremely low oil pressure: Test with mechanical gauge in place of sending unit, go from there

Lack of power: Complete PM next friday, Change Oil, Oil Filters, Fuel Filters, Fresh tank of diesel, possible drain and clean tank, and clean/replace air filter. (hoping the lack of power is stuck up filters somewhere)

Well thats the three minor issues im having but so far its been smooth sailing. I installed a pole mounted strobe light today that i had sitting around for years, it was to big for my F150 but looks right at home on top the deuce. one 10 foot section of 1 inch black iron pipe cut in half "U" bolted to the cab in the convoy light spot and it looks almost factory. Im happy with it:roll: and in the 55 MPH zones it makes me feel a little safer having a little warning power being the slower vehicle.

Driving around today is when i noticed the lack of power about 25 minutes into the trip, it was hard to keep it at speed on slight hills and would barely reach 2200RPM As stated above im going to do a filter change, I figured i stirred up sediment from the bottom of the tank after it has sat so long.

Thats it for now, Here are pics since i know everyone here loves pics
(and sorry about the bridge plate, didnt notice what my father changed it to until i looked at the pics here at home, he says he did that because its a 1969, uh huh..... sure....:roll::cookoo:) it will be changed to proper reading when i get over there next

Also i would like to say..
Hello my name is Tyler, and i admit im now addicted to green ironrofl

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks