• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TM for rebuildof M54 dual output trans PTO?

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need to rebuild my PTO before installing it on the transmission of
my M54A2. Does anyone know the manual used to do a depot rebuild?
I have the parts package for the rebuild, but am clueless on how to rebuild it.
Thanks,
Bruce

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have played long enough with both variants, Deuce AND 5ton - tranny PTOs, to state that they are basically the same item. Both share the same housings, bearings, seals, shaft diameters, etc. Also the rear output accessory drive is exactly the same for both. Just the front output shafts are different lenght and helical gears cut different, besides other details.
See this thread: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-modification-hot-rodding/45428-flip-pto.html
So, size, fit of parts and tolerances are also the same, as well as their repair procedures. In case you don't find a specific manual for the 5ton application, the Deuces TM 9-2520-246-34, chapter 5 covers this all very well.

G.

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you very much! I really appreciate the help from everyone here. If it wasn't for this
site, I would have given up years ago, but now I realize that I can get my self in more
trouble than I thought was ever possible.....:beer:
Bruce

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks