• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TM question

jimm1009

I found a TM for sale. 9-2320-209-35. Described as "Depot Level" for our trucks but the older version dated June 1965. I thought that the 209-34 was Depot level but it seems to be missing some information too. 209-34 doesn't seem to be the in-depth level that a contractor or Government person would use for major overhauls, refurbishment, or total rebuilds.
Can anyone clarify this for me?
The price is a little steep but if it has good information that is perhaps not address in today's manuals then perhaps it could be worth having.
If anyone has a copy of this manuals perhaps you could scan and e-mail the cover page or describe the contents and approximately how large it is, etc.
Thanks a bunch.
Think O.D.!
Jim

jimm1009@yahoo.com

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Way back in the old days, the depot level deuce work was covered in a series of manuals numbered TM9-8023-somethng (1 through 6, as I recall), with additional manuals for major compenents (engines, transmissions, winches, starters, power brake systems, etc.). Very thorough and complete.

Then along came the TM9-2320-209 series. The parts book was the 35P, and it dates to October 1962. The depot repair manual first appeared in June 1965 and were the first of the 209 series manuals to include the Multifuel engine. Previously, the 209 series manuals covered only gas engine deuces and the Multifuels (LDS-427) were covered in the -235 series manuals dating from February 1962. In fact the June 1965 was the only edition of the 209-35. However, there were at least 6 changes made to the -35, and subsequent printings included those. Some of the changes include the LD-465 engine.

Along came the -34 in March 1979, which introduced coverage of trucks powered by the LDT-465 , and in 1981 it was broken down into four volumes.

In my opiniion, with each passing generation the manuals have gotten worse and worse. I prefer the photos shown in the earliest books to the drawings that seem so common in later editions.

For a fellow with several trucks, its worthwhile to have all these manual versions - if you think however that you'll only have one deuce, and as is so often the case, cash is short, get the manual most closely corresponding to your truck.

Hope this helps,
David Doyle

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks