• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TM Search Help

Artisan

Where is the proper spot to ask for TM Search help?

I have an 8' x 10' Ridgid shelter I need all the TM's for it ;
( I looked hard)

I am stumped...

I own a ;

S-715/T (*9)(MARINE CORPS) SHELTER 10-FOOT 5411-01-298-1661 REPRODUCTION/DISTRIBUTION FACILITY

National Item Identification Number

01-298-1661
5411-01-298-1661

I want the TM's, specifically the parts TM if possible.
The silly overhead fluorescent 4' long fixtures have bulb
receptacle ends (Tombstones are what electricians call them)
that have a thumb push release mechanism
and I would love to find some of them!

This is the socket/tombstone end I seek. In this pic you can see on the left
where a lever would stick out that you depress w/ your thumb to remove and
insert new bulbs.

I guess an alternate would be if anyone has a like light fixture and they
will sell me the parts.

IMG_1958[1].JPG

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are no TM's for Marine Corps only items, that is why you are having trouble finding them. However I did find out that they are shelter type S-715/T which might be helpful for finding out more about them. First there is wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_numbered_(rigid_wall)_shelters_of_the_U.S._Army
then this>

Technical Data | NSN 5411-01-298-1661

CharacteristicSpecifications
OVERALL LENGTH10.000 FEET NOMINAL
OVERALL WIDTH8.000 FEET NOMINAL
ELECTRICALLY SHIELDED FEATUREINCLUDED
JOINT ELECTRONICS TYPE DESIGNATION SYSTEM ITEM NAMESHELTER,10-FOOT REPRODUCTION/DISTRIBUTION FACILITY
JOINT ELECTRONICS TYPE DESIGNATION SYSTEM ITEM TYPE NUMBERS-715/T
SPECIAL FEATURESSHELTER ASSY,10-FOOT BASIC 1; SHELTER ASSY,10-FOOT MOD 1; MODULE ASSY,DOCUMENT COPIER 2; MODULE ASSY,COMMTERMINAL 1; MODULE ASSY,DOCUMENT SHREDDER 1; PANEL INSTALLATION,POWER DISTRIBUTION 1; RAIL ASSY AND INSTALLATION4; BUS ASSY AND INSTALLATION,CONDUCTOR 2; PIPE ASSY AND INSTALLATION 3; RACEWAY ASSY AND INSTALLATION 2; EXTINGUISHER,FIRE 1; ROD ASSY AND INSTALLATION,GRD 1; STOOL,SWIVEL 2; CABLE ASSY 2; LANTERN ASSY 1; HANDLING TOOL ASSY 1; SHELTER IS A MOD FACILITY EQPD WITHFLOOR AND WALL SHOCK ISOLATION MTG RAILS AND PROVISIONED WITH INTERIOR MODULE ASSY SUBSTITUTION,ALL INT FURNITUREMODULES CAN BE SUBSTITUTED BY ANY COMBINATION OF MODULES

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since this is a 'standardized military shelter type' you can probably find the light parts in TM 10-5411-201-24P, which is an expandable version that uses the same lighting system inside. It is available on LiberatedManuals.com HTH

Artisan

Since this is a 'standardized military shelter type' you can probably find the light parts in TM 10-5411-201-24P, which is an expandable version that uses the same lighting system inside. It is available on LiberatedManuals.com HTH
THANK YOU for the reply and please excuse me for not getting back
to you sooner, I did see your reply and just got lax...

I saw that info... I still could not find anything other than REPLACE FIXTURE!
Maybe some day I will run into someone who has a decrepit can w/ some parts.

Thanx Again!

Guyfang

Staff member
It might have the same light set up as a SATS tool trailer. The TM for the SATS is TM9-4910-783-13&P. Might be worth your while to take a look see. And of course, the SATS will make you want to sell your first born, to be able to buy one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks