• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

To CARC or Not to Carc.........

ormgott

Been researching paint for my '90 Ford Ranger which insists it wants to be a MV when it grows up.
Looking to do a lot of custom bodywork including a slant-back. (I know, it's not the real thing, but it's bought and paid for :D )
So the question is, for Desert Tan 686A, there's CARC, House Paint, and Gillespie, all of which seem to have supporters.
Looks-wise and function-wise (for those especially with experience with all or some of them) what's the best direction?

combatmech

It is an addiction that an intervention cant stop
Rapco parts carries CARC alternitive paint. The colors and finish are great. At least on my truck. 2cents
I tried to pull up their website....wont come up at the moment.

ormgott

Not much done on tthe little beast yet: went to 16" steel rims(from 14), 235-85-16 Duratracs (figured MTR's not as good for asphalt...It's a daily driver) did some slice and dice on the fenders, new front springs and blocks, add-a-leaf and blocked the rear, and replaced the 3.47(?) rear with a 4.56 and trak-lok. Lifts were kept just for clearance, not for mile-high show:D I'll try to put up some WIP shots as I go!

Don't want to steal too much bandwidth on non-MV stuff tho... Still looking for more CARC/Non-CARC opinions!

Last edited: