• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

to fuze or not to fuze - rat's nest issues

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have a rat's nest of electrical wire on the front of the firewall, I believe it is the source of all my light problems. Thanks to splitters and a lot of bubbafications, the previous user of my truck had about 5 things running off of 2 fuze blocks. That's why I believe my turn signals, warning blinkers, and brake lights don't work. I have already checked grounds, and swapped out the flasher box, to no avail, so I feel the remaining issue is the handful of wires polluting the rear driver's side of my engine compartment.

A question I came up with in looking at the whole mess was, why are fuze blocks required for this stuff anyways? I don't think lights should draw enough amps to overload the circuit by themselves, unless paired with other electrical items in parallel.

Would it be easier to feed all non-blinker related items, say the electric wipers, spotlight, convoy light, etc., from a common feed buss bar, and have the individual feed lines for each item running off to their own inline fuze (a common fuze type, not the firewall mounted type) and then their respective switches?

Any help is appreciated. I have a basic understanding of electrical power, but in looking up electrical issues on this board, these military trucks sure are a hat's toss when it comes to figuring out issues....

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, the 24 volt feed from the battery is wire #10. It goes to the "horn" circuit breaker first and then on to the light switch (wire #11 and #15 now).
The light switch or 3-lever switch has a built-in CB to protect from short circuits in any of the light circuits.
If you want to tap in new lights etc, go to wire #10 and add circuit breakers (or fuses, if you prefer) for each new circuit.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks