• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

To much on the headlight fuse! M1031

b4thundr

So the other night all of the lights on the old service truck went out! and i found the headlight fuse melted in the fuse holder block. darn. well it was only a 25 amp one to begin with. oh well the service body's lights must be too much for it. So i found the brown wire coming out of the wire block and put it on a relay and a CB. much better! FYI for all of the M1031 owners. :mrgreen:

Attachments

1956_4x4

The connections inside the fuse blocks of these old trucks leave a lot to be desired. I've had to go through a few of them and clean/adjust the terminals to get good connections. I was having a problem with the plastic melting on the fuses, but the fuse would not be blown. It turned out the plastic was melting because of the heat that was generated by the loose connections. A good way to check the connections is with a voltage drop test from the engine compartment side of the fuse block.

Running a relay setup like you did is the only way to go if you want to use higher amp lights. These Chevies are maxing out the circuit with the stock lights.

Smitty

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have not noticed any issues with mine. I did go through all of the lamp sockets on the box and cab
and clean (lots of sand and crud in them) and re-grease them, also installed new bulbs. I also changed the incandescent tail lights to LED.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks