• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Took Delivery on my 86 CUCV M1008!

xyzzy

I just took delivery on my 86 M1008 (Arkansas National Guard) here in Aspen. I will get some photographs up in the morning when there's enough light!

I had a couple of questions that hopefully someone here could be of help with.

First of all, the fuel filter (new) appears to leak from time to time. What's the best new-tech replacement for this? Any recommendations?

Secondly, what do people recommend with engine heaters? Oil pan versus Water Heater versus block heater?

Thanks in advance!!

xyzzy

Parts..

What's a good source for various interior/exterior parts online (such as a new dash board top since it's dry rotted, factory exterior mirrors, etc)?

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

MATT

I found that for around $100 you can buy a dash overlay, they look great and can hardly tell it is not the actual dash. Check the internet or your local 4x4 shop.

As for the fuel filter leaks, check that the drain is tight and I believe there is a o-ring attatched inside(correct me if I am wrong).

Congrats!

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
xyzzy,
Congrats on your M1008! I've been watching the weather and it looks like the mtns have been getting pounded for the past week or so.

That makes this the PERFECT vehicle for riding around Aspen. I'm sure you'll get plenty of thumbs ups, salutes and waves!

Welcome to the green iron community. jim

kenny

MATT said:
I found that for around $100 you can buy a dash overlay, they look great and can hardly tell it is not the actual dash. Check the internet or your local 4x4 shop.

I got mine on Ebay for 71 plus 20 shipping.
It looks much better than a cracked up one and was not hard to do at all.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks