• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Top this paint job...If you can...?

islandguydon

May God Bless the USA , every Veteran and Active Duty Military Member.For all of you veterans and just patriotic Americans, This Paint job is for YOU..!

Attachments

goatijoe

Wonder how many hours and gallons of paint it took to do that to the car? I would be scared to even dare breath on it much less drive it.

Stalwart

Nice paint work but you couldn't give it to me, let alone be seen driving it. I would like to admire the work in person for a 1/2 hour or so :beer: Just because I don't personally like it, doesn't mean I don't admire the quality of work or the thoughts behind it.

SMOKEWAGON66

Thats fantastic. I wonder how much that cost to do. I know who ever did it might have done it for free or whatever, but I mean what something like that would cost. I bet its in the 10's of thousands. I remember that Kenworth T-200 that had dragons and medieval scenery painted on it front to back, and the whole paint job cost like 240 thousand dollars

3dAngus

I've seen a truck artistically done, and it turned out it was professionally vinyl wrapped.

Any chance that might be vinyl graphics properly laid?

It's nice, regardless.

islandguydon

I agree with Stalwart, I would ruin the paint job in a month. I admire the quality and time put into the car but it's not for me. Plus it's a gasser,lol.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No worries Don. It's a real true to life MRAP. I took the pics a few years back at the AUSA Winter Symposoium. Mega suspension travel too.

zout

Ask me how I know - a good grade of PPG clear coat without hardner will run you $300 per gallon - the reds in there are the highest price (all the colors in the spectrum).

Being an ole biker fanatic from the 60's and shooting lacquer job - Centauri - etc etc over lace air brushing on choppers - I admire a truely great painter.

A good BC/CC job that it might be and I say MIGHT - took many hours to layout and shoot to perfection - no even mentioning if the cut it later and polished it which I have no doubt they did.

Sittin on a platform - not driving it only for show is a good place for it - otherwise worthless. I would like the $$$ they put into just taping the thing off in stages.