• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Torch Set Information Needed

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
There is a question at the end of this.....I'm looking for anyone that 100% for sure has a military torch set that would have come with early wreckers. It is listed in the M39 series -10 and there was also a PS magazine article on it in Jan 1965. I also have searched on the CAGE Code and model number used in the TM and shown below.

3433-00-294-6743 TORCH SET C-W MD, TORCH SET C-W MD, BRS BODY,DESIGNED FOR HAND OPERATION, 90 DEG ANGLE OF HD, MALE TYPE THD CONNECTION, 3 CUTTING TIPS, 6 WELDING TIPS,W/WRENCH

There were 3 versions of the torch set (Victor, National Cylinder, Dockson).

I need the NSNs for the three items listed below. It is highly likely the Dockson has a different NSN than the other two manufacturers.
If someone has any manuals that came with these sets, I'd like a copy. Alternatively I am looking for model numbers off of the three items listed below. Based on the information I've collected there is some question concerning the actual components so if anyone has further information on the components lists, that would be great.

CUTTING ATTACHMENT: welding torch, angle of hd-90 deg, w /universal mixer ( 18075-6652391)

MIXING HEAD: Oxygen-acetylene welding torch, for tip size 72 to 31 (42527: 54-1)

TORCH HANDLE: Welding (42527: 54)

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Acetylene bottle is marked "US GOVT", both for $100, delivered to the GA Rally or you can pick up on one of your trips east, whichever is more convenient to you.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you get them filled when marked like that? I know our local welding supply is very picky about filling bottles that doesn't have their name on the collar.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
CARNAC, your cot parts thread is on Flakka but since you are CARNAC, you already knew this. . I have some of the plastic parts, let me know what you need.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you get them filled when marked like that? I know our local welding supply is very picky about filling bottles that doesn't have their name on the collar.
They need to be hydro tested every 10 years before they are filled. If these were in date, they would be filled and in use. We have other bottles that have been tested and we simply do an exchange when they are empty. And under that program we do NOT get the original bottles back, unless by chance.

quickfarms

I have several welding supply places by me. All will do exchange but only one will fill a customers bottle. Very few welding supply places actually have the equipment to fill bottles. This is due to fire and safety issues and regulations. You may have to search for a fill station

Ray70

Sounds like you guys are lucky to have more flexible rules on filling tanks than we have here in RI! Here you can fill small bottles on an exchange basis (provided the one you exchange has a valid hydro stamp) once you go above either 80 or 120 CF you have to either lease the tank from the supplier or if you buy it outright your name is on file with that supplier as proof that you own the tank and can get it filled (exchanged). If I was to buy a ( larger ) tank from a stranger the only way I could fill it would be to know his name, address and the supplier he got it from and hope he owned it and didn't lease it. If it was a lease and the bill isn't paid up, it will probably get confiscated if I bring it to try exchanging it.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like you guys are lucky to have more flexible rules on filling tanks than we have here in RI! Here you can fill small bottles on an exchange basis (provided the one you exchange has a valid hydro stamp) once you go above either 80 or 120 CF you have to either lease the tank from the supplier or if you buy it outright your name is on file with that supplier as proof that you own the tank and can get it filled (exchanged). If I was to buy a ( larger ) tank from a stranger the only way I could fill it would be to know his name, address and the supplier he got it from and hope he owned it and didn't lease it. If it was a lease and the bill isn't paid up, it will probably get confiscated if I bring it to try exchanging it.
Ray,
These tanks were on a wrecker and the owner gave them to our local club in exchange for other items. Then we found out the supplier had heartburn refilling them because of the way they were marked (U.S. Army, U.S. Govt.) and said they could not be exchanged, only refilled on a government PO. The club has other tanks that we use (owner of record/exchange basis) so these are sitting around, waiting for another purpose. CARNAC has that purpose!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks