• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

torque conv. questions

mtjbrown

Ok, I am picking up a 700r4 with a np 205 t/c already mounted to it in the morning. From what I have found in the search I have to get a new flexplate. What about the torque converter? I call Dacco trans parts in Chatt, TN they said it was the same torque conv. gas or diesel?? I know the tranny has a torque conv with it and it was behind a gas engine. I asked Dacco what the stall was they said 1340 rpm, does that sound right??

Thanks.

67_C-30

Ok, I am picking up a 700r4 with a np 205 t/c already mounted to it in the morning. From what I have found in the search I have to get a new flexplate. What about the torque converter? I call Dacco trans parts in Chatt, TN they said it was the same torque conv. gas or diesel?? I know the tranny has a torque conv with it and it was behind a gas engine. I asked Dacco what the stall was they said 1340 rpm, does that sound right??

Thanks.

If that converter stalls at 1340 with a gas engine, it will probably be higher with the diesel since the torque peak is much lower. Even performance stall converter stall at higher RPM with engines that make more low end torque. That is why in recent years they have began to advertise a much wider range than just calling it a 2500 stall, for example.