• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

torque converter bolts loose???

LIMVMAN

Hey all,,,,Just picked my 1985 M1009 and loving it...When i start the cucv there is a loud noise coming from under the truck near the rear of the engine:shock:,but when the trucks idles for about 15 or 20 mins the noise seems to go away:roll:. I been told a couple of stories about how the bolts come loose from the torque converter. I haven't had time too pull the inspection bellhousing pan yet. I just to see what you all think.
One last thing,,I see the truck must of went into some type of depot rebuild. Inside the wheelwells and on the rear diff cover is dated 06/05. Any thought on this?:wink:

raiburn

Mine had the pump bolts on the transmission backed half way out, they never touched the T.C. though, they loked very close. The tranny leaked from there, thats how I found out, maybe just in time.

4bogginchevys

Torque converter bolts dont stop making noice when warm, unfortunately.

I just did a trans swap today so my mind is fresh...I have seen "dust covers" that would contact the flex plate at startup and for a little while, never did find out why they quit making noise when warm though, and the noise does go away totally when it wears a big enough hole in the cover. I hope it's not a rod bearing, sometimes they'll make noise that goes away...for a little while. The dates marked on stuff could be of importance, or they could be standard service dates. good luck.:-D

ralbelt

My flex plate bolts were loose and broken , made quite a racket. If yours are loose plan on replacing the flex plate because the holes will be egg shaped.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks