• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

torsion bar suspension?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you thought about air ride. That would give you the height adjustment easier than torsion bars and should make for a smoother ride. I'd think it would be easier to fab up also.

grounded

Banned
Have you thought about air ride. That would give you the height adjustment easier than torsion bars and should make for a smoother ride. I'd think it would be easier to fab up also.
Have thought about this one the other day when reading about the stock deuce running super single 1400s on it and sill a 6x6. stretch the arms and add air bags instead of using the springs to hold the spread axles. The air bags can set up right on top of the axle and you would have still the load capacity and also gain a smoother ride on a stock truck

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have thought about this one the other day when reading about the stock deuce running super single 1400s on it and sill a 6x6. stretch the arms and add air bags instead of using the springs to hold the spread axles. The air bags can set up right on top of the axle and you would have still the load capacity and also gain a smoother ride on a stock truck
Should work but you're going to need to fab something up to keep the axles from moving sideways. Look at a road truck parked at a truck stop sometime and that will give you an Idea of what is needed..

grounded

Banned
Thanks M16ty. Yea thats what i meant. i forgot to post that also. Gotta stop thinking faster then i type. But thanks for pointing it out incase someone else reads it and gets to thinking about it.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
It has been posted already that 1400s will work just by extending the dogbones. I think a panhard rod and air bag would be a great addition. Show us how to do it! There are too many great minds here to do the same thing as everyone else. Grounded, I have the bags for you, stop by and say hi.