• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Total Noob looking for advice

shimodatas

Guys,

I have been looking at the Gov't liquidation stuff and they have all these m1009's and m1008's that say they are "cost effectively repairable" and I have no idea what that means.

Do these things have broken crankshafts or a power steering belt broken? Are they a major repair, a lawn ornamate, or something that can be actually repaired and how do I find out?

There are a bunch in Bakersfield, CA with a $150 initial bid on them. How high do these things go? Is the only way to get these answers to go to the desert and look at them? I'm in the Seattle area so that is a bit out of the question. Is there someone who would do that sort of thing for a reasonable price?

I want to convert a multifuel diesel into a "grease car" and these look perfect........... but............ what's the catch?

Thanks for your help !

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well, the best thing to do is GO INSPECT WHAT YOU ARE BIDDING ON. Aside from that, bid as scrap metal. GL changed its opening bids to 150, that is why they are different. The cucv trucks are not multifuel, they are standard 6.2 chevy diesels.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The low bid of $150 doesn't really matter for most trailers and vehicles, they always go higher than that. As for recommendations, INSPECT INSPECT INSPECT. Or have someone do it for you. A couple times I had other Steel Soldiers look at things, and many thanks to FerroEquinologist, BKubu, and a posthumous thanks to builder77 for their help in previewing items for me. Glad I did, they were able to give me a thumbs-up or -down depending on what the auction REALLY was for, ignoring the GL "official" listing.

The CUCVs are NOT multi-fuels, only the deuces and older 5-tons are. The CUCVs, however, have been converted to run on biodiesel, with varying results. Do a SEARCH on this site for CUCV and biodiesel topics, you'll find a lot of info.

davidkroberts

every vehicle on GL is different. Some are great and go for a song some are crap and go for a fortune. You really need to inspect your vehicle before bidding.

Michael

I believe he is talking about the definition of the condition code F7. As has been said many times before, condition codes on GL, which come from DRMO, don't mean a thing. I have seen new in the box listed has HX and scrap listed as A1. It usually falls at some random number in between.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks