• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tow a M119 with a stock M818

Sephirothq

Can I tow a M119 with a stock M818? The M818 as the 1100x20 NDT tires? Do i need to move the 5th wheel?
What do most people use to tow the M119?

I have pulled mine with my M818. they look a little funny cause the front sits pretty high hooked to the M818.
if the landing gear has real big pads attached, you may need to pull them for clearence with the rear drive. the frames are close but unless you are doing some real off roading it will not hit.

ida34

I don't think the 818 will tow any trailer without the trailer riding high in the front. I towed my M146 and I think it was like the M119 but it had windows.

Chuck,
you are correct about the front being high when towed by the M818 even my M127's are a little high in the front.
the M119 and the M146 are quite different from each other as the M119 has a full frame and that makes clearance issues between the trl frame and the rear of the tractor frame. I dont think i could pull one of my 119's with out first removing the rear flaps. It's real close.