• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

towbar feet for m915-920

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:roll: Me too, and it is listed in the classifieds....

I'm guessing he wants feet to fit a medium towbar.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
a medium might be to small for the 915/920 trucks, the next size up, the nonadjustable one might work

reb87

I have several adjustable bars and one nonadjustable... Ill go check but I think they use the same size pins...Im not familiar with a bar bigger than my nonadjustable one...It is as heavy as I would want to cart around...

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I have several adjustable bars and one nonadjustable... Ill go check but I think they use the same size pins...Im not familiar with a bar bigger than my nonadjustable one...It is as heavy as I would want to cart around...
try the TB FROM HE!!, about #350

reb87

I checked my towbars...The small adjustable one has 1 inch pins, the bigger nonadjustable one has 1.125 (1 1/2 pins....are there proper 915 feet for either of these bars or do I need to use one with 1.5 pins????

Last edited:

M1075

I checked my towbars...The small adjustable one has 1 inch pins, the bigger nonadjustable one has 1.125 (1 1/2 pins....are there proper 915 feet for either of these bars or do I need to use one with 1.5 pins????
Sounds like you have a medium towbar (adjustable) and a heavy medium (non-adjustable). It is very rare to find feet for a medium that will work properly with large trucks like M915 series. Standard 1" feet can/have been used with the M915 using the tow shackles in emergency situations (see thread by Streetbikedepot). Towbar was originally rated for up to 40,000# and up to M911 tractors (unladen).

The heavy medium non-adjustable towbar is a much better choice and is commonly available with the larger feet.

The heavy towbar will also work with the M915 series.

I have attached pics of a heavy and a comparison showing heavy and medium. I couldn't find pics of any of my heavy mediums.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The tow bar I have in the classifieds is the same as whats in the picture on the left. All of it's pins are 1.5". I know it works on an M915.

It is what we all call the tow bar from he&&( heavy towbar)

reb87

Ok, Im interested in buying a heavy towbar...what kind of money are we talking?? I want some feet to work with my heavy medium bar as well...

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
1.125 = 1 1/8 not 1 1/2

M1075

Ok, Im interested in buying a heavy towbar...what kind of money are we talking?? I want some feet to work with my heavy medium bar as well...
Unlike medium towbars, heavy towbars are not very expensive. Like medium towbars, freight is a killer! I have an extra in OKC I can sell you if you come this way anytime soon!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks