• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Towbar near Concord,NC

Rebelpride

My deuce is down and sitting in a gas station parking lot, I have a 2nd deuce that I could pull it with, but no towbar. Does anyone have one that I could borrow OR maybe a drawing to show how to make my own?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: Re: RE: Towbar near Concord,NC

I just noticed "The trucks stop here." in your sig line! BWAAAAhahahahaha

Sorry, don't kill me.

jwaller

pump not running doesnt have anything to do with it although you want to eventually fix it.

did your fuel cutoff lever return to the proper position when you pushed the cable in?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!

I didn't really think about that. You could get a buddy you trust to pop the clutch to get it home to work on.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

If you are convinced that it is your intank pump that is keeping it from starting, why not use your leaf blower to pressurize the tank and get it home under it's own power? How far do you need to go to get home? Not only can you pull a deuce with a chain, you can push it with another deuce too. My first investment after getting a second deuce was to buy a towbar. One last McGuyver would be to go buy a common 12v pulse type universal fuel pump and wire it direct onto a single battery. Disconnect the hard line to the intank pump and push a hose over it and connect the new pump(outlet) to it. Open your fuel tank and drop a hose into it and connect it to the inlet side of the new pump. It would solve your problem temporarily and get you home. You have several options.

jwaller

many many ppl have driven their deuces for years without an intake pump. you dont have to have it for it to start. it helps but it's not a requirement.

Rebelpride

Alrighty gents, got the truck started and home. All it needed was a little either, will not restart after shut off, so I will be needing the in tank fuel pump. Also changed the fuel filters and they had fine rust particles in them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks