• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

towing civy boat trailer with m1008

Dabba

think i need to replace my pintle with one with a ball (as much as i hate to do it) anyone know of anyone that will bolt on the stock mounts? and it shouldnt/wont spin right? thanks

Dabba

so that sucker should just bolt right into where the current one is? Looks that way with the bolt pattern on the combo in the picture, just dont wanna spend the cash then find out im wrong. Thanks

jimm1009

Towing with a M1009

Don't exceed the rated load by too much.
Look at the extracted page from the -20P.
You have two 5/16 bolts that you pick up on top, two 1/4 bolts, one on each side, and then two 1/2 bolts tieing the plate to the cross bar.
The plate is made from low strength material.
If you want to tow the 3500 civy capacity then buy a civy hitch.
If you load breaks loose and takes out a little old ladey or a couple of kids on bikes then the hobby takes another bad hit and this is more ammo to give the rule makers to stop selling MVs when Uncle Sam is done with then.

Attachments

GreenBull

I bought a 20 dollar harbor freight receiver and drilled and bolted it to the bumper using the two existing verticle bolts for the pintle and plates to sandwich the existing bumper. 6 bolts total. cheap and easy.

ralbelt

I would think that the pintle location would be high for most civy boat applications and the stern of the boat or outboard motor will have some clearance issues. If you mount a reese under the bumper then you can get an off set to keep the boat level. I use a 4'' drop on my Expedition to keep a 20' boat/outboard level.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks