• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Towing M35A2 with M911 HET

M1075

I put my towbar to use for the first time with the M35A2. It pulled real nice behind the M911, keeping a speed just under 50mph. All the overpasses look low when riding in the HET, not the mention the fact that you can look over the top of most semi trucks.

Attachments

M1075

Gare said:
Just out of curoisity, what is the overall width of the M911 with out the outside dual installed?
The M911 is approx. 9.5' wide, 12' high and 30' long. The companion trailer (M747) is 11.5' wide and 42.5' long. The M911 is very easy and comfortable to drive, although a bit loud. Hearing protection recommended.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey James, nice equipment! Looks like they belong together.
Did you hook up the brakes on the deuce?

Notice that you have a tachograph installed, how do you like it? I have one and am considering using it in my 8x8 when it gets going.

jwaller

M1075 said:
If you saw 3 sell on GL for $18K, then I paid too much! I thought the M911s were going for $35K+. :-(

Duece was priced at $6500, but I negotiated it down some.
no they were around 18.5k each and I didn't look and see what they closed at.

M1075

cranetruck said:
Hey James, nice equipment! Looks like they belong together.
Did you hook up the brakes on the deuce?

Notice that you have a tachograph installed, how do you like it? I have one and am considering using it in my 8x8 when it gets going.
Never tried to hook up the brakes on the duece. I figured the M911 could handle it! I look forward to doing some more towing with air lines soon. The tachograph is cool, but I need to set the clock.

BTW, thanks for the tip on installing the tow bar adapters!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
YOU HAVE A HETT????? :shock:
YOUR OWN PERSONAL HETT?????The green eyed monster is kicking my butt. :drool: ARRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH aua
You must be single or married to the most understanding woman in the world. 8)
Do you have a way to make it pay for it's self? Do you write it off you taxes?
Inquiring (envious) minds want to know. :?:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks