• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Towing or Clutch Repair

Delicious Clint

Well, we did make it across the country but our second foray locally was a bit less successful....while running down for a camping weekend, the clutch started to soften up. I wasn't at the helm for this expedition and my more-knowledgeable mechanic buddy had to hop a flight to a previous commitment after calling me to tell me that he'd gotten the truck to a safe house (for the moment, until the neighbors complain) and that the clutch was dead.

I got down there yesterday and was able to move in reverse fairly well but there was no engagement to go forward. I've got a mechanic a couple miles distant ready to take it in but thought that driving a Deuce in reverse through a busy urban area might not be the brightest thing ever attempted (although it might make a better story?).

The search here has convinced me that a location repair is NOT in the cards -- what is the proper way to tow a Deuce to avoid damage? I'm planning to call a professional but would appreciate any advice here so that I'm armed with some knowledge.

Thanks!