• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Towing?

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
When towing with a bar more than a few miles, the driveshaft between the rear front axle and the t-case should be removed?

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: RE: Towing?

westfolk said:
FMJ said:
Westech said:
put it in double NEUTRAL and your fine. dont wast your time on axles and shafts
Tranny, and T-case correct?
Yes.

I only pull the driveline if I have the unit sold before it comes home. Otherwise like the "other" Westy says double neutral. I have towed them literally hundreds of miles that way. Now problems. More than one from Wright-Patt, and that's 405 miles to get home.

You may say then why do I do it on some trucks??? If it is already headed out the door I want to make SURE I don't have to put any extra time/money in to the thing.
Thanks guys, I appreciate it!
Still need a medium towbar, just bought a slave cable......

bottleworks

Re: RE: Towing?

FMJ said:
If I win these trucks I have about 50 miles to tow them home.....
Make sure you have both gear boxes and all three diffs full before you tow your truck home. Even in Neutral, you will damage bearings if there is no lube.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Towing?

I'm guessing the above post meant to say, Make sure you have OIL in the gearboxes and diffs.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Towing?

0 degrees here and -15 nearby! lots of coffee! My avatar really fits today.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks