• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

towing ?????????

REDWOLF

Well i need to bring home my m10 ammo trailer home from dads house here in the next couple weeks. Do you think i can pull that with my M1009? The tires on the trailer are calsum filled and one is not verry balanced, so it likes to bounc. I thought i could put a couple hundred ponds in the trailer to help stop that. The ride homes is only about 25 min all back roads. rofl

rnd-motorsports

I would think you could pull it just fine and with the tires just drive a little slower it would be okay even better its all back roads! I don't know the laws in maryland but go slow with 4 ways on you would be okay!

kassim503

I think you'll be just fine pulling it, if your tires are looking shoddy keep her slower than highway speed, especially if they are filled with calcium chloride. It leaves less room for flex at high speed. And of course check your local laws[thumbzup]

Westech

CPL
the M10 looks to be like the M332. Now its one heavy bithc. Over 3k pounds. Now if your towing it with a 09 TAKE HER SLOW! that is way too much unbraked weight for a little 09 to stop. If you jack the brakes that trailer is going to pass you and its all over.

REDWOLF

You can say that westech and this on has calcium in the tires. Makes her even heavyer. I new pulling her would not be a problem its just the stopping part. I will let everyone know how i made out. :grd:

Chief_919

I wouldn't try it with the 1009 pintle hook.

The 1009 Pintle hook was intended to tow the M416 trailer, and is rated for a max of 1200 pounds. It is held on my a rather flimsy setup compared to the M1008.

Your ammo trailer weighs 2235 pounds emptt, and you state it has something in the tires making it even heavier.

So you are looking at trying to tow twice the rated weight for that hitch.

I wouldn't do it.

Now if you had a good heavy reciever hitch and a pintle hook adpater, rated for that much, no problem if you take it easy and allow stopping distance.

WARWAG

No way! It will tow that trailer with ease and not exceed the max tongue weight. Not even close. Will he notice the weight when he puts on the brakes? Yes, but even then no problems. Besides he is taking back roads and not hitting highway speeds. I wouldnt do that with any trailer that had tires filled with calcium. 25 miles? No big deal. If you dont have balls then you aint no man. Take pics of the trip and trailer.

Last edited:

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
U will have no problems. GO SLOW. DO NOT PASS EVEN THE SLOWEST VEHICLE. Just settle in and take your time.

IF YOU DO THAT, you will have no problems.

Given the weight of the trailer, you will be towing about HALF the weight of the tow vehicle. Realize that and take it slow. Keep your attention well ahead of where you are, and don't get caught up in some rapidly developing situation. If you see something odd, SLOW DOWN.

You will be fine. Especially on back roads.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks